Traffic laws are one of the essential rules that should strictly be followed for a country. Why so? Because traffic laws keep people safe.
Did you know each year 1.35 million people are killed on the road around the globe! That means 3700 people a day, more than two and a half people every minute. A motor vehicle can be a very destructive and deadly weapon in wrong hands.
Dubai is controlling its traffic system in pretty strict ways. So if you are living in Dubai, you must be aware of dubai police traffic fines and the traffic rules. Here you can find the traffic rules list and penalties of Dubai.
Dubai Traffic Fine Enquiry
You can inquire about dubai car fines by traffic number and essential information in Dubai Police Official Website.
How to check black points on your license in Dubai?
You can check your black points on your license by visiting the Official Website of Dubai Police. Visit there and click on “traffic fines” then provide your personal and license info to check black points on your driving license.
How To Check Traffic Violation Fines in Dubai?
Dubai is arigorous country when it comes to its laws. That’s the primary reason for Dubai is one of the most peaceful and non-violent nations in the world.
On the other hand, it digitalised all the services of the government so that it can save the time of individuals and the administrations. You can check your traffic fines in a few minutes. Check out those ways to find out a suitable method for you.
Road Transport Authority or RTA website.
Road transport authority is the primary administrator that looks after transportation in Dubai. To check the traffic violation fines against you, you have to visit their website; you have to fill all the information. Such as,
- Palate details
- License number
- Fine number
- Traffic file number
After filling that info, click on the search button. On the next page, you will find if there are any fines against you. You can also pay your fines here. The paying method is described in the below section.
Dubai police website
Dubai police are continually working to keep the traffic section safe and non-violent. You can check and pay your traffic violation fines from their website in a few simple ways by providing your information. If you occur any violation in the road, you will get an email from Dubai police.
Ministry of Interior
With the Ministry of Interior, you can pay your fines in a few different ways.
MOI have its application for this kind of services. You can check and pay your fines after providing essential information.
You can directly visit their website to check and pay if you have any fines to pay for a traffic violation.
You can visit the MOI service centre physically and check your traffic violation fines quickly.
How Long Does It Take For a Fine To Show Up On The Dubai Police Website?
Roads of Dubai is monitored by radars and human reviews all the violations fines. If you are caught with a new radar, it will take 24 hours to 3 days. An old rader can take one week to more than 10 days to flash. Usually, Within a week, it should appear in the Dubai police website.
How To Pay Traffic Fines In Dubai:
There are several ways to pay traffic fines in Dubai. Find out the more comfortable way for you here,
1. Dubai police website
You can pay your traffic fines in Dubai police website in a few easy steps. Visit the website and click on “traffic services.” In the next page, find “Fine Payment.” Fill all your details and proceed
2. Dubai police app
3. Dubai Smart government’s mPay app
After downloading the app, you have to register an account providing your personal and payment information. Then you can pay your fines and enjoy more services from the app.
4. The RTA website
Paying your bills on the RTA website is simple. Click on “Driver and Car Owner Services” and then click on “fines.” After providing all the essential information such as your date of birth, license number and credit card number, your payment will be made.
5. Call 901
Call 901 to the police call centre, speak to a representative and pay your fines using your credit card.
6. Apple watch
You can pay your fines from an app developed by Dubai police for Apple watch.
Everyone should follow traffic rules for the safety of themselves and peoples of the road. Where the question is about life and death, you can’t take any risk. I hope you find this article helpful. Stay safe.
Dubai Police Traffic Fines List:
Digital systems highly monitor transportation sector of Dubai. So, there is no escape from fines after and kind of violations, no matter how small or big the offence is.
The penalties are very costly, so better watch out from occurring any crime in road else it can heavily affect your moneybag. Here I am providing the list and penalties of traffic fines in 2020. Before jumping on the dubai traffic fines list, you should know about Black Points system in Dubai.
What is the black points system?
Black points are assigned to the driving license when the driver is found, causing curtain violation of traffic laws. It was introduced by the Road Transport Authority to motivate safe driving practices. If a driver receives a total of 24 black points, their license and driving any vehicle will be banned for one year. Now let’s dive into the rules and penalties
Speed related fines in Dubai:
- Crossing the speed limit of 80 kph. It will cost you AED 3,000 and 23 black points. Your driving license will be brought under confiscation for 60 days.
- Crossing the speed limit of 60 kph will cost you AED 2,000 and 12 black points. Your license will be brought under confiscation for 30 days.
- Speeding under the speed limit more than 60 kmph will cost you AED 1,500 and 6 black points. Your license will be brought under confiscation for 15 days.
- Driving under the speed limit of less than 50 kmph will cost you 1,000 AED.
- Driving under the speed limit of less than 40 kmph will cost you AED 700.
- Driving under the speed limit of less than 30 kmph will cost you AED 600.
- Driving under the speed limit of less than 20 kmph will cost you AED 300
Fines For Reckless Driving:
- Endangering lives of road users will cost you AED 2,000 and 23 black points. Your license will be brought under confiscation for 60 days.
- Driving without number plates will cost you AED 3,000 and 23 black points. Your license will be brought under confiscation for 90 days.
- A sudden serving will cost you ADE 1,000 and 4 black points.
- Blocking traffic will cost you ADE 1,000 and 4 black points.
- Crossing a red signal will cost you ADE 1,000 and 12 black points. Your license will be brought under confiscation for 30 days
- Not leaving a safe distance between vehicles will cost you ADE 400 and 4 black points.
- Overtaking on the hard shoulder will cost you ADE 1,000 and 6 black points.
- Driving after consuming alc**** will cost you ADE 20,000 and jail term decided by the court. You will receive 23 black points and confiscation of your license for 60 days.
- Driving under the influence of dr*** or similar substance will cost you fine or jail term decided by the court—confiscation for 60 days.
Other Traffic Fines In Dubai:
- Using a phone while driving will cost you AED 800 and 4 black points.
- Driving without a seat belt will cost you AED 400 and 4 black points.
- Driving with expired tyres will cost you AED 500 and 4 black points.
- Driving without valid insurance will cost you AED 500 and 5 black points. Your license will be brought under confiscation for 7 days.
- Exceeding 50% of your car window tinting limit will cost you AED 1,500.
- Driving a noisy vehicle will cost you AED 2,000 and 6 black points.
- Transporting passengers illegally will cost you AED 3,000 and 24 black points. Your license will be brought under confiscation for 30 days.
- Jaywalking will cost you AED 400.
- Using quad-bike on the road will cost you AED 3,000, and Your license will be brought under confiscation for 90 days.
- Throwing garbage while driving will cost you AED 1,000 and six black points.
Parking Fine Dubai Some list:
- Non-payment of parking fees will cost AED 150.
- Exceeding the parking time will cost AED 100.
- Exceeding maximum parking hours will cost AED 100.
- Misuse of parking will cost AED 200.
- Vehicle crossing the sidewalk will cost ADE 200
- Using forbidden parking will cost AED 200.
- Unauthorised usage of special need permit will cost AED 1,000.
- Removing parking mark, ticket machine or zone plates without a permit will cost ADE 10,000.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for a fine to show up on the Dubai police website?
Usually, it’s not more than ten days.
How can I check my police case in Dubai?
By visiting the official website of Dubai police.
How do I pay my traffic fines in Dubai?
The process is described above.