Qatar is an East Asian oil-rich country. For the development of desert land, Qatar needs a huge amount of manpower. Now Qatar is home to millions of foreign workers. Its population consist of 88% of expatriates. They have to follow some visa and immigration rules of Qatar. Here is all you need to know about philippine embassy qatar passport release and renew.
Filipinos are one of the major expatriate group of Qatar. Qatar’s Philippine embassy’s record says Filipinos are almost 10% of Qatar’s population. That means approximately 1.8 million people. That makes them the second biggest Asian group living in Qatar. Here is a walkthrough of philippine embassy doha passport release and renew.
Who Can Renew Their Philippines Passport?
Filipino citizens and Oversea Filipino workers can renew if their passport validity is one year or less. OFW whose passport pages are running out, dual citizens, a married woman who wants to change their sure name, can renew and release their passport.
If you want to travel outside of the country, your passports validity should be at least 6 months. So be sure to check your passport validity before booking an international flight ticket. You can renew your passport if the validity is one year or. As the renewing process can take one to three months, you should always renew your passport on time.
Requirements Of Passport Renewal:
- You have to come to the Philippines Embassy of Doha physically. You don’t need an appointment for renewing your passport. Make sure you have all the necessary documents.
- A photocopy of your passport.
- Those who are 18 years old or less have to bring their legal guardian. The legal guardian also needs to bring a copy of his passport.
- Wear an appropriate dress.
- Take e-passport fees. Make sure you took the right amount.
Philippine Embassy Qatar Passport Release And Renewal Process:
Make sure you arrived on time. You have to first go to the Passport Processing Area. The receptionist will proceed to the Cashier, where you have to pay QAR 240.
Then they will ask you for some information about yourself and take your photo. After that, go to the releasing section to know the release date of your passport.
How Long Does It Take To Renew Philippines Passport In Qatar?
The renewal process can take at least 20 working days to 45 days before the passport release.
Few Essential Things To Remember.
- Follow the safety protocol. No mask, no entry.
- Double-check your information during data verification.
- Bring your pen, tissue, hand sanitizer, etc.
- You can not take any company with you.
- Wear decent clothes with full coverage. Avoid sleeveless, l9w neckline clothes, shorts, slippers.
- Avoid heavy makeup, colored contact lenses, and any jewelry.
Philippine Embassy Qatar Address And Timing:
Address: Zone 68, Jelaiah Area Doha, State of Qatar.
P. O. Box No. 24900, St. No. 860, Qatar
Contract Number: +974 4483 1585
Office Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 3.30 pm.
The embassy is also closed in Qatar on public holidays.
How many times can you apply for a passport?
You can apply for a passport as many times you want until you are blocked or banned.
What is the validity of Philippine passport?
Philippine passports are valid for 10 years. But for those who are aged 18 and under, their passports are valid for 5 years.
What if my passport is damaged?
You will have to submit an Affidavit of Mutilation along with your passport application requirements.