Every country has its own traffic rules and guidelines for reducing road accidents and deaths. All rules and regulations are formulated for the welfare of humanity. Like other advanced and stable countries in Qatar, Traffic Rules and Regulations are developed in the best manner and are well defined; Qatar traffic police and Interior Ministry work on it and make sure that the people thoroughly follow all rules. You can break Traffic Rules by Checking Your traffic violations.
Some Basic Rules Are Given Below:
- A person should be 18 years old or above it.
- A legal driving License is mandatory.
- Drink-drive is illegal.
- Wear seat ballet.
- Drive on the right hand.
- No cell phone use while driving.
Essential driving documents should carry when you are on the road. Necessary Tools and Equipment are introduced for speed control; driving overspeeding always risks drivers and pedestrians.
Qatar Traffic rules and regulations are well pronounced for a speed limit of vehicles on city roads and High ways.
60-100 kilometres per hour on city roads.
120 Kilometers per hour maximum speed on High ways.
Should follow speed limits signs, radars and cameras are fixed on roads if you violate laws you will be answerable for this.
- Tourists and visitors drive only for seven
- If you want to drive for more time, then apply for a temporary driving license, valid for 3 months
- If you have a license GCC, then you can drive without any time limit.
- If you are an International Driving license holder, you can drive for 6 months in Qatar.
- Citizens required a fully legal and valid license for driving.
- It is a criminal offence if you drive without a license.
- Keep your license all time when you are on the road.
- If you reach 14 points in traffic violations, the Authorities suspend your license.
- On the MOI website, you can check online traffic violations.
- License fees vary for 5 years and 10 years duration for Qatari and Non-Qatari citizens.
Protocols Of Saving Driving In Qatar:
Keep a safe distance:
In normal conditions, it should be 5-10 m; in the rain and storm, the distance shall be twice.
Never overtake through the right-hand side:
It is a violation of traffic laws. Under article 43\1, it’s a chargeable offence, considered misbehaviour.
Stay in your lane:
Always adhere to the lane. It causes a problem in traffic flow when you break your road.
Track changing at intersections is prohibited :
Cameras have been installed near the intersections, violated the traffic administration charged the driver.
Be aware of points:
If you get 14 points, your license will suspend for 3 months. These points are specific traffic violation points. Heavy fines are also imposed in certain circumstances.
Sensible use of horn:
Horn cause noise pollution. It is the source of irritation and rage. Use horns in specific conditions when required, like when someone blocks Traffic and become too close to you.
Give way the ambulance:
It is an extreme violation of traffic law if you follow an ambulance on the road. If you get noticed by police and cameras, you will be charged.
Requirements Of Driving License In Qatar:
- You must be a citizen of Qatar.
- Your age must be 18 years( for light vehicles)
- Your age must be 21 years (for heavy vehicles)
- A vision test is mandatory.
- ID card and 1 copy.
- 3 recent colour photographs.
- A copy of your ID card and your passport.
- ID card copy of your sponsor ( if you have one)
- A letter from your sponsor for application.
- A legal application.
Basic traffic signs you should learn for the driving test:
The Traffic Signs Are Divided Into Three Categories:
- Guide signs.
A person should learn and understand these signs if he is driving on the road. If you want to get a driving license, memorize and comprehend traffic signs and rules; you can get a driving license if you don’t pass the driving test.
Pedestrian Rules And Regulations In Qatar:
- Don’t walk in the middle of the road Article 60.
- Walk on the pavement.
- Walk on the far right-hand side of the road.
- A pedestrian should follow all rules and regulations article 63 if he violates any law get a penalty.
- Must observe traffic signals and signs and always obey laws.
- Should follow zebra crossing and other specific areas.
The Government of Qatar have taken reasonable steps for the protection and safety of the public and to reduce accidents and injuries.
On 13 January 2013, the Government released the National traffic safety committee’s national road safety strategy.
2013-2022 national safety strategy:
Highway Development Program:
- Safety management procedure.
- Work zone safety management.
- The driving test is essential.
- Training workshops for driving and control.
- Construction of pavements and roads.
- Educate children about traffic laws in schools and training sessions.
- Proper management of signals systems.
- New technology and equipment to control over speeding.
- Fixation of cameras and radars along the roads.
- License cancellation after getting 14 points.
- Encourage obvious clothes for road workers.
- Formation of the committee for implementation and enforcement of laws and orders.
Qatar Traffic rules and Regulations were made to reduce the accidents and violations; Government was facing saviour violations that cause socioeconomic.
Problems And Were Causing Problems In The State.
- Red-light running.
- Signal Violations.
- Fake number plates.
- Drink driving.
- Illegal parking.
- Unregistered vehicles.
These factors were causing problems for people and Governments. Strict laws are formed and strictly applied by the Government; death and accident rates in the last decade is 2010-2020 is 5,762. More improvements and new techniques are introduced for the betterment of Traffic in the state.
New traffic rules in Qatar 2021:
In 2021 the traffic department has issued new rules.
- Restriction of passengers, in-car, taxis and buses in a pandemic.
- Qatar traffic department has launched a new list of fines ranging from QR 300 to QR 6000
Qatar issues restrictions on the number of passengers in one car:
Qatar cabinet imposed these restrictions in pandemic covid 19
No more than two passengers in a car or taxi.
Three members of the same family can travel in a private vehicle.
Half the number of passengers in buses and vans.
These regulations are not for public health department vehicles, ambulances, armed forces, police and security departments.
Maximum speed limits for heavy vehicles on the internal roads
In cities, villages and populated places speed of heavy vehicles should be 50km per hour, and on the outer lanes, the speed limit is 80km per hour; if you exceed this limit, you get penalty points (4) and QR 500 fine.
What are the 5 traffic rules?
- Always drive the right-hand side of the road in (USA, GCC) countries.
- Always wear seat ballet.
- The minimum age for driving is 18 years.
- Don’t use a mobile phone while driving.
- Stay in your lane.
What are the main traffic rules?
Don’t use a mobile phone while driving.
Don’t walk in the middle of the road; use the zebra crossing.
Follow the traffic signals.
Don’t exceed your speed limit.
Don’t overtake from the right-hand side.
How do you know if the speed camera caught you?
You will receive a notice within 14 days if the camera catches you; you cannot guess about it if you don’t get any information about speeding.